Energy Machinery offers a wide variety of industrial air compressors for many types of applications. Based on your needs, we’ll provide you with an air compressor solution that meets your specifications.
Manufacturing facilities and processes of all types require air compressors to optimize efficiency and speed throughout the assembly line.
Air compressors facilitate specific processes such as:
- Tool Powering
Production lines in the electronics industry and electronic devices themselves often depend on air compressors. Manufacturers often use compressed air for electronics applications due to its efficiency in energy conversion with minimal impact.
Air compressors supply power for the following processes:
- Printed circuit board (PCB) cleaning
- Pick and place machine operation
Medical Device Manufacturing
The medical industry frequently uses air compressors for powering tools and supplying air to patients under care. As a result, the applications in this industry require air compression systems that supply contaminant-free air.
The medical industry used compressed air for applications such as:
- Compressed air tools
- Pressurized air for medical devices and assisted breathing
- Laboratory use
Many types of medical facilities use air compressors for applications including:
- Patient Air Supply: Air compressors supply clean air for patients who have difficulty breathing on their own or are under sedation.
- Laboratory Use: Air compressors power a variety of equipment, including blood analysis systems, oxygen generation equipment, x-rays and mammograms, nitrogen generation systems, and more.
- Duct System Air Filtration: Duct and filtration systems use air compressors to supply clean and pure air.
- Handheld Medical Tool Power Supplies: Surgical instruments use air compressors to power drilling, puncturing, and other operations.
- Equipment Sterilization: Sterilization and cleaning systems use air compressors as power supplies.
Automotive applications use pneumatic tools to increase the efficiency and ease of assembly for automotive parts.
These applications may use air compressors for the following:
- Vehicle assembly
- Engine construction
- Shell construction
The use of industrial air compressors in metalworking helps quickly fabricate high-quality metal parts to tight specifications for many types of products.
Metalworking applications for air compressors include:
- Tool activation and use
Hard synthetic plastic parts rely on air compressors for manufacturing processes.
The following are some of the specific applications for air compressors in the plastic molding industry:
- Injection molding
The chemical and petrochemical industries use air compression equipment to maintain efficiency and safety when working with combustible and toxic gases.
Applications for air compressors in the chemical industry include:
- Safely moving products along assembly lines
- Air moisture removal
- Product cleaning
- Maintaining dry environments
- Controlling cylinders and valves
- Separating nitrogen
- Manufacturing urea, ammonia, fertilizer, and nitric acid
- Controlling pneumatic valves
- Safely operating fluid pumping systems to prevent potential explosions
- Creating air curtains that make areas safer and cleaner
Pharmacies use air compression systems to meet FDA requirements for medicine production, equipment operation, and more.
Specific pharmaceutical applications for air compressors include:
- Bottling, Packaging, and Canning: Oil-free compressed air removes moisture and cleans various types of packaging, preventing contamination in packaging, bottling, and canning processes through the use of Class 0 air.
- Capsule and Tablet Manufacturing: Manufacturing processes for tablet and capsule products use Class 0 compressed air. Some of these processes include pressing, drying, mixing, packaging, and coating.
- Gel, Ointment, Cream, and Syrup Manufacturing: Vials, tubes, and other equipment require cleaning and drying before being filled with product. Oil-free air keeps these materials clean and contaminant free.
- Fermentation: Air compressors produce sterile air that prevents contamination and pollution of bacteria that could compromise end products.
- Instrumentation Air: Pneumatic conveying processes use compressed air to make contact with the product while avoiding contamination. Additionally, compressed air powers sorting systems, valves, and other equipment.
Water & Sewage Treatment
Agitation processes use compressed air for suspending solids, while bacteria processing applications use compressed air for oxygen supplies.
Other applications in this industry include:
- Back Washing Sand Filtration: Compressed air loosens compacted material and expands filter beds. Systems can pump clean backwash water while suspending particles through filters before disposing of them.
- Desalination: Wastewater treatment plants use air compressors to remove dissolved salts from water and generate fresh water for municipal or domestic use.
- Wastewater Disposal: Central vacuum systems use air compressors to dispose of wastewater, allowing for the collection, drainage, and removal of wastewater at the same time.
- Digestion Tank Cleaning and Maintenance: Wastewater treatment plants use digestion tanks, which rely on compressed air to mix oxygen and sludge to increase retention times and gas yield.
- Slurry Liquid Pumping: Slurry liquid pumps use air compressors for power supplies to make transferring and removing slurry liquid easier.
- Suction Pressure: Air compressors provide sufficient suction pressure to remove wastewater and clean sewage systems.
- Wastewater Purification: Wastewater treatment plants use activated sludge tanks to save space and increase efficiency. These systems use air compressors to provide sufficient pressure that maximizes oxygen production for wastewater purification.
Food & Beverage
The food and beverage industry uses air compressors to supply clean air for processes such as product storage, packaging, and processing.
Other applications for air compressors in this industry include:
- Freezing products
- Coffee automats
- Food packaging and processing
- Mixing products
- French-fried vending machines
- Dispensing soft drinks and draught beer
- Hydrofors, i.e. water supply pressurization
- Dispensing condiments
Industrial Air Compressors from Energy Machinery, Inc.
Nearly any industry can benefit from the use of air compressors. At Energy Machinery, Inc., we can provide you with a top-quality air compression system and other products for a variety of applications.
For more information on our industrial air compressors, contact us today! To get started on your next project with us, request a quote at any time.